Friday 28 June 2019

Details

This picture encapsulates so much of what makes gardening fascinating, the detail. Take a moment to look closely and it is surprising what you will notice when looking around a garden, it might be your own, a friends or a show piece stately home. I think most gardeners have an eye for the detail and we all notice different details. It is not simply what might catch our eye, but also what we look for in an outdoor space.

At first glance it might appear an ordinary photograph of the upper pond. I might examine the scene and think of the work that needs doing tomorrow. But a closer inspection might reveal something different.

In the background is a tub with one of our dahlias "Edge of Joy". A candidate for my plant of the month but there are not quite enough blooms open as yet. It is the first time I have put a tub in this part for the garden and I think I rather like it up here. But the beauty of a tub of plants , it can always be moved!


A little while later a further detail caught my eye around the edge of the pond:


the frog "picnic" in the sunshine. If you look closely you will notice an army of five frogs enjoying the summer sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment