Tuesday 28 July 2020

The Colour Purple

It occurred to me when writing an earlier blog entry on the pastel bed, that the colour of the season is most definitely purple. Of course, when an idea like this has germinated it is strange how much more evidence you can find to back it up. Even though the weather has kept me indoors more than I would like the colour purple is still there.











The house plants by the door leading out to the patio are doing very nicely and are all the better for the purple flowers of the orchid and the purple tinted foliage of the tradescantia purpurea, which makes for a lovely little cascade of purple leaves over the edge of the stand. Spiderwort, as it is also known, is supposed to have properties to cure the bite of a spider, as the twisted joints were are thought to resemble the legs of the spider. I just hope I am never bitten by an arachnid big enough for me to require the medical attention!

Elsewhere, the indoors has a certain attraction for all of us in this unseasonable spell of weather. If Hecate looks a little sheepish it is because she has nabbed the head gardeners place the moment my back was turned!





No comments:

Post a Comment