Wednesday 28 July 2021

Summer Nights

For the busy gardener daylight hours are mostly devoted to jobs, whether they be major tasks or just tickling around. I confess that I am not very good at just sitting and chilling (see future post) and when I do stop for a brew or a breather my train of thought is too often broken by the hidden weed that I have just spotted or the flower that simply must be deadheaded. The Lady of the House is frequently exasperated by my inability to sit still and to just stop and enjoy the garden. I have my suspicions that the job list, which is always kept on the pad in my back pocket, has a way of talking to me in that seductive and alluring way that only job lists can do. I know this is not an uncommon problem and is just about the only thing that I have in common with  Elon Musk, who when asked what he usually does after work, said: “Usually work more”.

However, towards the end of the day when the bones are that bit more weary there is always the strong temptation to breathe deep contented breaths and simply enjoy!


As the light begins to fade the birds head home to roost, a sure portent for  the hungry gardener.






No comments:

Post a Comment